Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Meet the Program Leaders!

Vanessa, 17: I became a program leader because I feel like I learned so much and I am going through so much in this span of my life. I might as well teach and educate everyone in certain issues dealing with today. I enjoy reading, having movie nights and outings with friends. My ultimate life goal is to be successful and live a carefree life. Ryan, 19: I really love educating the youth which is a major part of why I became a program leader. I feel that many things that should be taught are not reaching the youth properly, which is why this job is important to me. Music, reading and writing plays a great role in my life. I eventually I would like to be a stylist and open my own salon. Meredith , 18: I have been a peer educator and program leader for the past three years. Helping others is always worth the craziness and sometimes craziness makes life all the better. Just like everyone else I enjoy music especially indie. I am always interested in discovering new music. My current life goal is earning a college degree. Mary , 19:The reason for being a program leader for me was easy. I love when I get the chance to get out and hopefully educate on topics I was trained on. On my off days I love singing and acting and I am a major music fan, as it plays a big part in my life. My ultimate life goal is to become a social worker. Lorenzo ,18: My purpose for becoming a program leader is to show LGBT youth that you can be different and still be a leader. I enjoy entertaining others by playing the piano, singing and dancing. My life goal is to explore the works of this wonderful world and give inspiration to the LGBT youth. Justin , 19: I became a program leader to help inform my peers about information based on facts and details rather than myths and stereotypes. In my spare time, I like to read and write. I enjoy being an activist for LGBT youth. My life goals consist of helping and educating others and teaching them they are not alone. I eventually would like to become a social worker. Jonathan , 17: One reason I became a program leader is because I wanted to work in a place where LGBT is not only accepting but praised. Another reason is to share the message with LBGT Latinos like myself that is okay to be gay. I like to draw, talk and laugh. Laughing makes my day worthwhile. My life goal is to go to college for business and open my own advertising firm. Charles , 19: I became a program leader to help be a role model for peers in my community. Being a program leader helps me to stay motivated in my education and stay focused on my goals. In my free time I enjoy writing music. I eventually would like to help at least one person during my time as a program leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment